The Anguilla Youth Business Foundation is a business service organisation established under the Anguilla Foundation Act, to provide business development and support services to young people residing in Anguilla.
Overview of the Anguilla Youth Business Foundation (AYBF)
Objectives and purposes of the Foundation
- To develop successful programmes for the facilitation of youth business in Anguilla.
- To implement successful programmes that will foster cooperation among the public sector, the private sector and the donor community.
- To assist in the increase of the number of young people in Anguilla starting and managing their own businesses.
- To improve the quality of service, support and assistance accorded to Anguillian young entrepreneurs and young people in general.
- To create awareness and mobilize support (financial and technical) for the initiative of enhancing the entrepreneurial ability of young people in Anguilla.
The work of the Foundation is coordinated by a Council, appointed by the Minister for Youth Affairs, with the sole responsibility of ensuring that the objectives of the Foundation are achieved.
Policies and Administrative Procedures
The Foundation Council establishes policies and administrative procedures for the Foundation.
Mobilisation and Management of Donor Funds
The Foundation is responsible for the mobilisation of funds through the local, regional and international donor communities.
Monitoring and Evaluation
The Foundation ensures that monthly monitoring and evaluation is conducted on all initiatives supported by the Foundation.
An Annual Audit
An annual audit of the Foundation is conducted by BDO
The Foundations lawyer is SER Legal & Consultancy Services.
Business Support Services
The Foundation provides training in various areas of entrepreneurship. Including, but not limited to, business management, record keeping, marketing, financial management, personal development and social skills development.
Business Plan Development and Modeling
The Foundation provides business plan development services to young entrepreneurs..
Short-term business apprenticeships are provided in collaboration with local, regional and international partners.
The Foundation provides on-going business mentorship services to young entrepreneurs.
Loan Guarantee Facility (LGF)
The Foundation established a Loan Guarantee Fund (LGF) which is used to provide collateral/security to facilitate the granting of loans to young entrepreneurs. This facility was established at the Anguilla Development Board.
The Foundation provides technical support to young entrepreneurs in the form of expert advice and support provided by public and private sector partners and other organisations with the requisite expertise.